Organisation: Canterbury Christ Church University
Client Representative: Ruth Wood
Department: Student Wellbeing Services
Director / Producer: Syd Heather
Camera Operator: Chris Wade
Sound Recording: Mark Cheffins
Post Production: Alex Harffey & Syd Heather
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Students from Christ Church share why it is good to talk, how to support your friends at university and where to signpost for support at times of need.
ABOUT THIS WORK
As a video supplier for Canterbury Christ Church University, I regularly work with members of the staff as well as students to develop and deliver various promotional, recruitment, and training videos that benefit both staff and students on a wide range of topics.
During this ongoing role as a producer/director, I have worked with a range of departments to produce videos on subjects such as:
- Mental Well-being
- Student Support Service
- Sports & Societies within the Student Union
- How to look after your mates during a time of mental health crisis
- How lecturers can notice the signs of students in distress
- How security staff should interact with students who are self-harming
- Alumni/a contribution to the university's employability strategy
- Mental well-being for Black, Asian, Mixed Heritage and Minority Ethnic Students
- Departmental recruitment videos for English Language, Language Studies, Music and Film, Radio & Television.
General responsibilities and achievements include:
- Brainstorming and developing engaging content with the client’s brief and budget in mind.
- Exploring themes varying from welcome advice for new students, mental health and wellbeing services, and suicide awareness from the perspective of staff and students.
- Working with various departments to ensure coherent branding and unified information.
- Handling all stages of production and delivery with a small team to produce videos for a social media release or as part of internal training courses.
- Regularly returned as a guest speaker for Film, Radio and Television lectures to give advice and dissect case studies on a range of topics from making branded content, proof of concepts, and pitching for funding.