Client: Canterbury Christ Church University
Department: Student Union
Representative: Ruth Wood
Director / Producer: Syd Heather
Camera Operator: Chris Wade
Post Production: Alex Harffey & Syd Heather
ABOUT THE PROJECT
For both new and established students, this video was designed to ask the question: why not get involved in a society or sports club while at Canterbury Christ Church University?
Explore a variety of societies - from gaming, show choirs and film to academic societies such as nursing and history - as well as over 30 different sports clubs! Joining a club or society is a great way to make friends, try something new and gain wider experience.
ABOUT THIS WORK
As a video supplier for Canterbury Christ Church University, I regularly work with members of the staff as well as students to develop and deliver various promotional, recruitment, and training videos that benefit both staff and students on a wide range of topics.
During this ongoing role as a producer/director, I have worked with a range of departments to produce videos on subjects such as:
- Mental Well-being
- Student Support Service
- Sports & Societies within the Student Union
- How to look after your mates during a time of mental health crisis
- How lecturers can notice the signs of students in distress
- How security staff should interact with students who are self-harming
- Alumni/a contribution to the university's employability strategy
- Mental well-being for Black, Asian, Mixed Heritage and Minority Ethnic Students
- Departmental recruitment videos for English Language, Language Studies, Music and Film, Radio & Television.
General responsibilities and achievements include:
- Brainstorming and developing engaging content with the client’s brief and budget in mind.
- Exploring themes varying from welcome advice for new students, mental health and wellbeing services, and suicide awareness from the perspective of staff and students.
- Working with various departments to ensure coherent branding and unified information.
- Handling all stages of production and delivery with a small team to produce videos for a social media release or as part of internal training courses.
- Regularly returned as a guest speaker for Film, Radio and Television lectures to give advice and dissect case studies on a range of topics from making branded content, proof of concepts, and pitching for funding.